I have felt my privilege this year: an academic in a University who also works in theatre. I have been able to survive where others have not.
It has been important for me to reflect in relation to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in my work as a theatre maker and as Head of Department in Media and Performance at Staffordshire University.
Current work includes:
- Directing and developing professional theatre once more. Leading on a major R + D stage in London of HORDERN CIANI LTD‘s Princess and the Pauper this June. An integrated performance form to be developed through the reworking of Twain’s familiar tale: https://www.mandy.com/uk/project/762154/the-princess-the-paupe
- Sharing my thinking of the live and digital relationship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDWQ9ZQ1pQ
- Submission of ‘Inside the Rehearsal Room’ for Bloomsbury Books: https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/inside-the-rehearsal-room-9781350103658/
- Continued development of MA level provision at Staffordshire University in theatre, film and music (including pantomime)
- Pantomime Conference in London 2022
- Working towards pantomime 2021 for Imagine Theatre